Mini Shrine Level in UE4 inspired by The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
I created this "mini" level sometime in May 2021 which took me a few hours to do over a period of three days. I decided to buy a switch after finishing my first year studying games design and fell in love with the game "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild".
After completing the game it inspired me to create my own mini shrine for fun. You can check my YouTube channel where it shows a brief demo / gameplay of the level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NEJt_Jl8sk
I know this isn't a "blockout level" but I just thought I'd put it on here for fun and any feedback is welcome & appreciated.
Here is a sketch of the level design before I created it in Unreal Engine 4:
If you watch the YouTube clip the game is very straight forward. I've made some of the floating rocks disappear for a few seconds once collision is made by the player, to make the game more challenging. Lastly, the red rock with a treasure chest on there insists that it would be some sort of item the player would be rewarded with if they were to pick it up. Other than that, the video speaks for itself. If there are any questions regarding the level that you don't understand and you are curious about, please don't hesitate in commenting on the video and I will answer it for you the best I can.
I'm going to do a blockout level of the map "Ascent" from the game "Valorant". After I complete that, I'm going to create my own story for a game and create a blockout level round that for fun. It won't be anything too big, but hope to look back at it for reference and progression.

Comments
Post a Comment